Friday, January 11, 2008

Thank you Gloria

Gloria Steinem outlined EXACTLY the sentiments I didn't have the data or eloquence to express. Please read her opinion in the New York Times, "Women Are Never Front-Runners" about how the gender political barrier is and always has runner deeper than the racial barriers in the United States.

Steinem writes this piece and informs you at the end that she is supporting Hillary and why. Although I haven't made a final political primary decision I must say that she reinforces my consideration as an American woman that if all the things are equal (and that remains to be judged) women in this country should have an obligation that NOT voting for Hillary because one might figure this country won't vote in a woman might be the deciding factor to vote for her. Because as an American woman, to not vote for a woman, any woman, based on the concept that she might not beat a man makes it a self-fullfilling prophecy.

That said, I'm still so pissed she supported Iraq for so long.

1 comment:

Sister Sassy said...

Thanks for your blog. I've been trying to find other libral/progressive/peace lovin mama blogs and I haven't had much luck.

Keep em coming